Most people outside of Africa dont know much about the second largest continent, so we made this amazing list of 10 things you might not know about Africa.
10. Nearly 1.5 million Europeans were sold into slavery in North Africa between 1530 and 1780 in what became known as the Barbary Slave Trade.
9. Some countries brew beer from bananas!
8. Almost half of the gold ever mined on Earth has come from one small place – Witwatersrand, South Africa
7. The only woman to have ever been sworn in as first lady in two countries is Graca Machel Mozambique and South Africa.
6. There are more French speakers in African than in France!
5. The official title of Ugandan dictaror, Idi Amin, was “His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular”
4. Ghana banned the sale of second hand underwear in 2010
3. A tribe in Kenya known as the “Kalenjin” is responsible for most of the fastest runners in the world.
2. The San people of southern Africa still use the same tools that were recently found in a cave. The tools were estimated to be 44,000 years old
1 . In South Africa you are legally allowed to attach flamethrowers to your car in order to deter car jacking